Wine & Reading
New Play Development Program
Call for Submissions
ECT is now accepting submissions of new un-produced plays from Niagara based playwrights for our annual New Play Development program Wine & Reading. Playwrights of all experience levels are encouraged to submit.
Past works include She’s Mine by Stephanie Jones, A Shot to the Head by Spencer Smith, White Crow by Dawn E. Chrysler, Learning to Swim by Radha S. Menon, Wings of Wax by Lindsay Price, Our Lady of Delicias by David Fancy.
How it works
- Two plays are selected by ECT’s review committee.
- If your play is selected you’ll be paired up with an experienced dramaturg and a cast of professional actors who will workshop your play for a minimum of two four-hour sessions.
- Your cast will then rehearse selections of your play to read in front of an audience at ECT’s Annual Wine & Reading event on: Thursday, May 28, 2020 at: Hernder Estate Wines, 1607 Eighth Avenue Louth in St. Catharines.
- After the reading, you’ll be invited to participate in a brief question and answer period with the audience.
- Each playwright receives an honorarium of $150.
- ECT covers all production expenses.
How to submit
Email: colin@ectheatre with a PDF version of your script
Mail or drop off a hard copy version of your script to our offices at: 366 St. Paul Street, St. Catharines, ON, L2R 3N2
366 St. Paul Street, St. Catharines, ON, L2R 3N2
Deadline for Submissions: May 1st, 2020